Sunday, 20 April 2008

Promises people bleah...

I like to promise Gemma things. She tells me that I shouldn't promise her things that I might not be able to control. I don't really listen when she tells me that. I think that I have a need to promise her things, whether or not they're within my control and here's a few possible reasons why:

1. It gives me something to aim at and thereby puts purpose into things;

2. I'm hella selfish and I'm really promising myself that I'll do things - because otherwise I might not do 'em and end up hopelessly lost in one way or another;

3. I think I'm being romantic or sweet and that by being these things, I'm more valuable to her.

I don't really like to have a need to do things. Life, to me, seems a lot more fun when need doesn't factor into it. I need to fix my bike and go cycling, because I have something like 28% body fat, according to some fancy weighing scales and I'm sure that isn't healthy! But I still haven't really fixed my bike. It's been in pieces for months. Since the end of the summer. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd want to fix my bike. Then I'd want to ride. Then I might not be so obviously addicted to Nutella, which would be a good thing.

On the flip side, I need to work harder, do more overtime and such so that I can put more money away, but I'm not sure that's something I want to do. To do so would mean not getting home until after Gemma's gone to sleep and then waking up too late to see her before she leaves in the morning. It would mean that I'd die an awful lot inside. I may never be particularly wealthy because of all this. But I will be among the richest guys I know. I promise.

(Still haven't thought of a wicked sign off line - sorry!)

Eoin

No comments: