AKA 41 weeks of pregnancy and 8 ½ months of parenthood considered in one post!
I want to do it again! (I’m not referring here to another child, though that is also true!) It’s my daughter’s life; I want it to be PERFECT!
Okay, I know that’s not possible, but when I think back I often say next time I will/won’t do this/that. Arggghhh….I wanted to get it right this time, life just gets in the way!
Next time:
I won’t get ‘morning sickness’!
I won’t leave the decorating to get done without me!
I will sleep and snack better at the beginning of labour!
I will proactively sort out nursing within the first few days!
I will limit visiting to suit me (and therefore my baby)!
I will have a bigger freezer so I can prepare more meals on my own terms!
I will go to more groups and make more friends during my antenatal time!
I will be less apologetic about my choices, and therefore more tolerant of other’s!
Frustratingly, most of these are impossible or just won’t count when it’s baby number two…a few of them probably need explaining… I have a baby, I may need time to get to that!
On a more positive note, next time:
I will again take every opportunity to rest my pregnant body.
I will again try to trust my own instincts about my body, to avoid unnecessary worrying and intervention.
I will again aim for a home birth, with, if possible, just as lovely a community midwife.
I will again research, research, research.
I will again push hard if I feel something is wrong with my baby and the NHS isn’t coming through.
I will again co-sleep.
I will again use every eco option that seems possible.
I will again try and do it all naturally, without using modern overly complicated methods.
Again, explanations to follow...one day….I’m sure!
This parenting job isn’t easy, is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment